Resuming Gathered Worship at Christ Church Salisbury
We are very pleased to announce that meeting for public worship at Christ Church Salisbury resumes on 2nd August 2020. If you plan to join us then please note the arrangements below…
- Please do not come if you, or anyone in your household, has a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- Full building cleaning will be carried out prior to the service on Sunday including full sanitising of all surfaces including doors, surfaces, chairs etc.
- A seating plan with named seating has been set out. This exceeds guidelines with 2m plus mitigation for the vulnerable and 1 metre plus mitigation for the others which meets government guidelines. Single individuals or single parents of a child can join a family group as a ‘bubble’.
- To avoid crowding, attendees should not stop for conversations in the entrance or corridor areas.
- No coats to be left in corridors but taken to your chairs.
- Conversations afterwards should, where possible, be outside.
- Hand sanitisation should be performed on arrival and at the toilets hand sanitizer is provided.
- A voluntary record of attendees will be kept for 21 days for NHS Track & Trace.
- Face coverings are encouraged wherever possible. A supply of face coverings will be available.
- Those leading will remove theirs while at the front, but with extended distancing. Stewards are not required to wear a face covering when standing outside or when needing to speak to those who may be hard of hearing inside.
- Service sheets will be provided on chairs, and should be taken home afterwards. Church Bibles will be reserved for those who cannot bring their own.
- The kitchen is not to be entered at present. The downstairs side rooms and the balcony are only for use of named individuals who will be notified.
- The toilets can only be used by one person at a time. Please close the door when entering the toilet area and leave it open when you leave. Please spray down surfaces before you leave. Parents have responsibility to spray the surfaces for their children.
- Posters with key advice will be on display.
- Cash offerings may be made on exit into the box provided.
- There is no need to remember all this word perfectly. Remembering to stay at home if you are unwell and being willing to fit in with the simple procedures advised by the stewards on the day are key.
- These arrangements will be kept under review as this respiratory virus recedes or returns.